Software Tester Training Stream
The FDM Software Test Analyst Career Path - An Overview
- Full-time job with FDM for at least two years
- Complete your International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified Tester (Foundation Level) certificate
- Learn to write detailed test procedures and how to apply them to verify the overall quality of an application
- Gain experience using HP’s Quick Test Pro, an automated testing tool
- Be introduced to agile testing
- Gain valuable experience working on a consultancy basis with FDM’s prestigious clients
FDM’s Software Testing Training
FDM’s Test Analyst training begins with a thorough grounding in the theory of software testing. Topics covered include: the fundamentals of testing, testing and the system development lifecycles, test design techniques, black and white box testing, test management and the use of test tools. At the end of this section of the course, you will undertake your International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
Practical Testing Project
The next phase of the training involves a practical project in testing. You are given an application which has been developed but is untested. Your task is to write a detailed set of test procedures, which will determine the overall quality of the application. Emphasis is placed on good test design, business process coverage and prioritisation of the tests based on risk analysis.
After completing your project, you are given training in HP’s Quick Test Pro, an automated testing tool. Topics covered include: QTP’s place in regression testing, the creation of standard tests, verifying with standard checkpoints and creating tests on a web application.
The final part of your development as a software tester involves an introduction to agile testing, including Scrum which is one of the most popular techniques, together with a comparison of the Iterative Systems Development Model with the Waterfall Model.
The Test Analyst Career
As a professional FDM Test Analyst you will be responsible for the quality assurance of various systems for our clients. You will use the technologies introduced to you in your training to ensure that systems meet the required standards, as well as providing first line support in order to track, log, and in some cases resolve any user issues. Your role will include working on various projects initiated by the development team, where you will use manual or automated testing to ensure both optimum quality and practical functionality.
Become An FDM Test Analyst
- Successful candidates will hold a Computer Science or IT related degree or will have other related qualifications or relevant industry experience in software testing or computing
- Test Analysts are meticulous and natural problem solvers, able to absorb themselves completely in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- You must be a strong communicator in order to understand and clarify specifications and have the ability to explain the functionality of a product or system to users
- You will be able to work effectively in a team as well as on your own