FDM Veterans initiative
At FDM, we recognize the incredible value that military talent brings to our business and are proud to be a military friendly organization supporting the employment of veterans.
The FDM Veterans Initiative offers military veterans a tailored career path to support their transition into the corporate workforce. We provide veterans with vocational training in a number of disciplines both business and technically focused, followed by commercial experience working with our prestigious clients as professional IT Consultants. This puts veterans on a specialized career path and supports their transition into the corporate world. FDM is transitioning veterans into IT specialists in Software Development, Application Support, Project Management (PMO), and more.
Are you a veteran interested in jump starting your civilian career in IT with FDM?
Supporting a successful transition
FDM’s Academy Program is unique because it provides a comprehensive training-to-employment solution for veterans reintegrating into the civilian workforce. FDM takes a number of measures to ensure a successful transition for our veteran employees.
- The FDM Academy training is recognized by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Eligible veterans may use their Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill and other educational benefits while enrolled in the FDM training.
- The FDM Academy courses have been reviewed and approved by American Military University for the award of up to 21 semester hour credits towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology. Combined with additional credits given based on military service and relevant experience, veterans can be up to halfway towards earning their degree and can complete their studies in a flexible, distance learning setting.
- FDM is a vendor with the Department of Veterans Affairs under the Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Education Program. With the Veteran Rehabilitation and Education (VRE) VetSuccess Program, disabled veterans in FDM's training may be eligible for additional benefits.
- Partnerships with the US Chamber of Commerce and Department of Labor Veterans’ Education and Training Services (VETS) and WorkForce1 have been key in FDM's driven recruiting efforts.
- FDM engages with the Soldier for Life and Marine for Life transition programs within the Department of Defense and is a member of the Corporate Military Roundtable.
- 2014 CivilianJobs.com Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military - Finalist
- 2013 CivilianJobs.com Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military - Finalist
- 2012 Be a Hero, Hire a Hero - Courage Award Winner
Sponsorships and affiliations
Through its contributions to Veterans on Wall Street, FDM proudly supports numerous charitable organizations dedicated to serving our veterans, including: Operation Mend, Travis Manion Foundation, Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America, Children of Fallen Patriots, and more.
As a sponsor of the United War Veterans Council, FDM supported the 2013 America's Parade -- the largest Veterans Day parade in the nation. FDM was also a Purple Heart Sponsor of the Bob Woodruff Foundation's Stand Up For Heroes 2013 benefit.
Through our sponsorship of Wall Street Rocks For Our Heroes, FDM supports the Wounded Warrior Project, ReserveAid, and Operation Finally Home. Our partnership with 'Be A Hero, Hire A Hero' has supported Higher Ground, No Greater Sacrifice, and Warrior Gateway, all organizations that are focused rehabilitating military Veterans and assisting in post-service employment. FDM has served organizations including Operation Homefront and Hope for the Warriors as a proud sponsor of Army Week. FDM has also supported to Hope for the Warriors and Run for Veterans.
To find out how to employ FDM trained Veterans within your organization, please contact our Account Management team at VeteranProgram@fdmgroup.com
For more information about the VetSuccess Program, please visit the VBA website or contact the New York Regional Office Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Division, 245 West Houston Street, New York, NY 10014, at (212) 807–3008.