FDM’s Ex-Forces Programme provides excellent training and job opportunities for ex-service men and women to help them transition into careers as IT or business professionals. The programme is specifically designed to provide you with training, commercial awareness and confidence, helping to bridge the gap between the forces and the corporate world. Once trained, you will be ready for work as an FDM Consultant and placed onsite with one of our high-profile clients as you launch a fulfilling second career. To apply, please send your CV to [email protected].
About the programme
With a team of ex-members of the Armed Forces leading the programme, we are in a unique position to understand and interpret the career history of our ex-Forces Consultants. As a result, we are able to recognise the transferable skills of ex-Forces personnel and identify those who have the skills and potential to excel within our clients’ organisations.
Our ex-Forces Consultants come from a diverse background and include former Army, RAF and Navy personnel across all ranks (non-commissioned and commissioned).
To find out more about our programme, read a career story from an ex-Forces Consultant and watch our meet the team video below:
FDM has helped many Ex-Forces personnel transition into highly successful and rewarding careers in the corporate world. Here are just some of the reasons why they chose to start their new careers with us:
- We have opportunities for all ranks and from all services
- FDM offers tailored training and job opportunities with competitive salaries, to all successful consultants for a minimum of 2 years
- All members of our Ex-Forces team are former service men and women who have not only successfully transitioned, but also gained considerable commercial experience
- We have multiple start dates throughout the year and throughout the country
- The Ex-Forces programme operates throughout the UK with training centres in London, Leeds and Glasgow and client placements throughout the UK and Europe
- Through the fully funded training programme, you will gain industry recognised certifications in business and IT
- All consultants receive on-going support throughout their training, placement and beyond
- We work with 180 blue chip clients who have numerous opportunities and who want to hire ex forces personnel. Click here to view just some of the clients you could be working with as an FDM consultant.
- After 2 years at FDM, you can stay with us, transition to the client or move elsewhere using your newly made connections and high profile commercial experience and you can have left the forces at any time
Apply now or to talk to a consultant, contact us on [email protected].
The FDM Ex-Forces team have all served themselves and as such we are in an excellent position to understand and interpret the career history of our Ex-Forces consultants and to help with transition advice.
FDM offers two principal routes for our Ex-Forces trainees:
FDM’s traditional route is aimed at junior Ex-Forces personnel, from a technical background, with an aptitude and interest in IT.
The traditional route provides complete training and employment in a number of disciplines, both business and technically focused, including:
Our advanced route is a six-week training course with a focus on Project Management.
This route is for those with a broad experience in managing projects and will build upon your transferable leadership and communication skills within a commercial environment. Our Project Management course will prepare you for senior roles as Project, Programme and Delivery Managers, working within high-profile organisations as an FDM Consultant.