Are you about to finish school or college and thinking about your future career in tech?
By joining our Apprenticeship Programme for school and college leavers, you can gain meaningful skills, practical training and work experience, all while also attending university as a student and working towards a degree.
- Our scheme is a unique, three-year, paid apprenticeship opportunity that combines work and training, so you’ll be earning while you’re learning!
- Four days a week, you will work with FDM and our clients to develop your technical skills and gain real work experience.
- At the end of your apprenticeship scheme, you can continue to work at FDM as a permanent employee or you can join our Graduate scheme choosing from over 10 different career pathways, including Software Development, Software Testing, Cloud Computing, Robotic Process Automation and more.
Gain professional experience and build your skills with a degree apprenticeship
Since the inception of the scheme in 2020, we have partnered with Sheffield Hallam University to offer their students the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience while studying. Our current apprentices are working across our business in different departments including IT, People Team and Recruitment and we will be growing the number of technical apprenticeship scheme opportunities we have available across the UK.
Apprentices will be based in our offices in Leeds or London and will study for a BSc degree in Digital and Technology Solutions at one of our partner universities in London, Yorkshire or the North West. In the first few months you will be based in-house receiving training and working on internal projects in our IT Support, RPA or Development teams before being placed on client site with some of the biggest companies in the world.
Applications for the Apprenticeship scheme are currently closed. Please register your interest and we will be in touch once they reopen.
Our Apprenticeship Rules & Responsibilities for Employers
- We ensure that at least 20% of the apprentices’ time is allocated towards their course studies.
- We provide financial support by offering a monthly salary and by covering university fees.
- We commit to creating equal opportunities for students from all backgrounds.
- We are required to actively demonstrate that our apprentices have gained essential job readiness skills needed to complete the apprenticeship and enter the workplace.
- Each apprentice will receive a mentor that will support them throughout their entire journey with FDM and at university.
Our Apprenticeship scheme is part of our commitment to help reduce the digital skills gap and ensure that a career in tech or digital is accessible to everyone.
“We are pleased to see that your organisation is offering degree level apprenticeships as these can provide a genuine route into the organisation that is comparable with graduate routes and allows for ongoing career progression.”
Social Mobility Index Team
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we do as an organisation and we are delighted to have won the Diversity & Inclusion category at the West Yorkshire Apprenticeship Awards.
What our apprentices say
Digital Technology Solutions Apprenticeship
My experience on the programme so far has been amazing, the help from my manager and the welcoming attitude from staff in the workplace has had a positive impact on my motivation. In my 4 months working at FDM, I have acquired multiple skills including problem-solving, flexibility and adaptability.
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
After only being at FDM for 6 months, I feel I have developed and gained a wide range of skills such as communication, professionalism, resilience, and confidentiality. Everyone at FDM has been welcoming and supportive of the programme, providing me with endless opportunities to get involved in.
Digital Technology Solutions Apprenticeship
Robotic Process Automation
FDM provided me with the perfect opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas of IT, so I’m not limited to any areas. My experience with the programme has helped me learn a lot about teamworking skills as well as technical skills in IT, including with various types of hardware and software.
Do you qualify for the programme?
In order to be able to join, we ask you are:
- Over the age of 16
- Based in the UK
- Looking for a paid work opportunity
- Professional and enthusiastic, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to satisfy entry requirements for a degree in Digital and Technology Solutions at one of our partner universities
Support and Development
Our support and development initiatives are catered to help you at every stage of the apprenticeship scheme.
up to date regularly through LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Check out #RodsRoundUp videos to find out more.