Life at FDM
Life at FDM
If you are serving in the military or recently separated, FDM is the next step to ease your transition to a civilian career. We recognize that veterans have transferable skills that are crucial to a successful career in the corporate world ranging from adaptability and maturity through to responsibility.
How It Works
Bridging the gap between the military and the commercial world.
- Apply to the FDM Veterans Program.
- Train in IT and business specialties in one of our award-winning academies.
- Work on-site with FDM’s prestigious clients, gaining hands-on commercial experience.
- Excel as you set yourself on a rewarding civilian career path – the sky’s the limit!
We equip you with:
- Support and guidance from our dedicated Veterans Program team.
- Commercially relevant training and industry skills development.
- A job for a minimum of two years as an IT or business consultant.
- Ongoing support and professional skills development through our award-winning program.
Supporting Your Journey
Our dedicated Veterans Program team, military veterans themselves, are perfectly equipped to advise and aid you in your transition. In addition, FDM has a number of programs in place to continuously support and engage our people:
FDM’s North American centers provide two main tracks of training for consultants:
- Software Development
- Project Management Office (PMO) / IT Service Management (ITSM)
Interviews with our clients are ongoing throughout your training, and you may be selected for a role that requires additional specialized training. When selected for one of these roles, your core training will be supplemented to include additional modules specific to the client’s needs.
Our consultants have been trained and placed in exciting roles including:
Criteria & Process
Criteria & Opportunities
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable interest in IT with a drive to build a successful career.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability in working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Geographic flexibility throughout the US for client placements.
- Eligible to work in the US.
Our application process:
We periodically hold Veteran Insight Days, which are a great opportunity to find out what the Veterans Program has to offer, ask questions and network with the FDM team.
We also attend numerous career fairs and on-base events specifically to meet and recruit veterans interested in applying.
Find out where you can meet us next:
|4/6/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
|5/4/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
|6/8/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
|7/13/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
|8/10/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
|9/14/2018||11:00 AM||Veteran Information Reception||Fort Myer||Employer Panel||VA|
About the Program
Andrew Vu, FDM Consultant placed at UBS
Damina Townes, FDM Consultant placed at Barclays
Alexander Borges, FDM Consultant placed at UBS