Some of our work has included:
- Partnership with The Harris Federation providing a tailored programme to allow children to experience the commercial environs of FDM
- Regular insight days in our offices for groups of school children
- Coding workshops to give children an insight into a career in tech using innovative programmes such as Sonic Pi
- Deliver Careers Lab sessions in schools, bringing business insight to equip young people with the inspiration, knowledge and skills they need to succeed
- Sponsorship of the Digital Category Award at TeenTech Awards 2019 to encourage more teenagers to learn about programming
David Moody, Principal at Harris Battersea
Abdi, Student at Harris Battersea
Narince, Student at Harris Battersea
FDM celebrates Girls in ICT day with Sonic Pi coding workshop
Girls in ICT day is a global initiative designed to encourage girls of all ages to explore ICT fields and inspire a love for technology.
FDM celebrated Girls in ICT day in our offices throughout the world. We partnered with local schools to host girls, aged 11-15, in our digital academies in Hong Kong, Frankfurt, London and New York running interactive Sonic Pi coding workshop.
Sonic Pi is an open source programming environment that teaches the basics of programming by creating music where the instrument is played through the writing of code rather than the strumming of strings.
Starting in Hong Kong and finishing in our New York academy, the day saw FDM academies welcome 42 girls for an interactive day to learn the basics of programming. It was also a chance to open up their eyes to the creative side of coding and the possibilities of a career in tech.
FDM strongly values giving back to our community. Working together towards a philanthropic cause helps to give perspective and unity to us as an organisation. We participate in a number of charity events, campaigns and initiatives every year at both at the regional and international level.
Some of our charity engagements have included:
Anthony Nolan announces charity partnership with FDM
Christmas Jumper Day to support the Save the Children campaign
2017 Cumbrian Challenge to support Walking with the Wounded campaign
Diversity Day celebrations worldwide to raise money for the World Food Programme
We also support our people with their individual charity challenges throughout the year