Salesforce is the world’s largest customer relationship management (CRM) platform that is used across a wide range of industries, including marketing, sales, customer service and IT. The demand for Salesforce Business Analysts is on the rise and, in addition to a range of other related Salesforce roles, is expected to reach a requirement of 3.3 million jobs by 2022.
So, now’s the time to launch your career as a Salesforce Analyst, but where do you start? We’ll run you through the basic job description for a Salesforce Analyst, roles and responsibilities, as well as some of the key skills required for the job.
- What is a Salesforce Business Analyst?
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Business Analyst
- What key skills are required to become a Salesforce Business Analyst?
- How to get started in a Salesforce Business Analyst Role
What is a Salesforce Business Analyst?
A Salesforce Business Analyst is a project-based role that involves working to improve business processes and support efficient use of Salesforce. Working as a Salesforce Business Analyst, you will play a significant role that supports revenue growth and client retention for your company. You will also become a key point of contact between your business and external stakeholders, bringing together the technical and business elements of a project.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Analyst
What does a Salesforce Analyst do on a daily basis? Well, in case you didn’t know, there are a variety of different types of Salesforce Analyst, including Salesforce Test Analysts, Salesforce Data Analysts and Salesforce Support Analysts. However, we’ll be focusing on the business side of things, as this is the most common role. And so with that said, some of the main roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Business Analyst include:
- Communicating with clients and project managers to understand business requirements;
- Working alongside the rest of the technical team to design and document data-driven software solutions and data flows to meet these requirements;
- Building and maintaining Salesforce applications and customisations;
- Developing high-quality software within a given time-frame, budget and guidelines;
- Assisting with software testing to ensure solutions meet required standards.
What key skills are required to become a Salesforce Business Analyst?
To become a Salesforce Business Analyst, you will require exemplary Business Analysis skills, as well as Salesforce-specific knowledge. This could include:
- Verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Data and numerical analysis
- Flow diagramming
- Collection and documentation of information
- Requirement gathering
How to get started in a Salesforce Business Analyst Role
In most cases, you will require a university degree in a technical field in order to pursue a career as a Salesforce Analyst, such as Data Science. You will then need to complete training for Salesforce certifications.
At FDM, we offer an alternative path to help you get started as a Salesforce Business Analyst without the need for a related university degree. Join our Salesforce Analyst Graduate Programme and benefit from our expert training course, developed in partnership with Salesforce. Once you’ve completed training, you’ll become an accredited Salesforce consultant, ready to begin your new career with one of our esteemed clients.
Could this be the perfect opportunity for you? Find out more.