FDM has over 100 partnerships with university careers services and academic departments across the UK and Ireland.
We support universities’ employability strategies by providing programmes that prepares their graduates for the corporate world, helping to hone the skills they need to build meaningful and rewarding long term careers.
FDM’s engagements on university campuses have included:
- Curriculum projects with first and second year students to develop skills for real life business challenges
- Professional skills, personal brand, CV and interview workshops to support students with their career development
- Sponsorship of student societies and university skills awards across all subject disciplines
- Hackathons and digital workshops to provide technical expertise and industry experience
- Contributing to faculty advisory boards and employability strategy groups
- Promoting opportunities for women in STEM via bespoke workshops and initiatives
- Insight days at our centres in London, Leeds and Glasgow
- Paid student internships and year-long placement programmes
Global Recruitment 2016
Brendan Bacon, Higher Education Careers Manager and Student Employment Specialist, University of Coventry
Wayne Birthwright, Careers Consultant, Leeds Beckett University
Clare Crux, Careers, Employment and Enterprise Service, University of Hertfordshire
Over the past 5 years, FDM has developed a strong relationship with Newcastle University.
Our objectives are simple; to increase the number of hires from the university while giving students a rewarding and fulfilling career in IT and digital sectors. We achieve this together in a number of ways on campus,
including FDM’s membership to the computer science employer board, the delivery of employability workshops directly aimed at students and through various sponsorship activities.
FDM is now in the 3rd year of sponsoring and supporting the computing society (NUCATS) with technical talks from our expert trainers, as well as supporting regular gameathon and hackathon events. Additionally, FDM is a proud sponsor of the annual Pride of Newcastle University Awards, which highlights students’ outstanding contribution to their local community through extra-curricular activities.
Off campus, our colleagues from Newcastle University frequently observe our assessment process in Leeds in order to help students set up for a successful career as an IT or business consultant with FDM.