Why become an FDM Cloud Graduate in the AWS re/Start programme?
FDM has teamed up with AWS re/Start to offer a full-time skills development programme, open to graduates who are looking to jumpstart their career working in Cloud Computing Engineering.
The AWS Cloud and IT Fundamentals online training will allow you to gain the technical skills you need for an entry-level cloud role. You will have the opportunity to learn through real-world, scenario-based applications, labs and coursework, while also focusing on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, resume building, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews.
You will acquire Cloud Computing skills and prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification with complimentary access to practice and full exams. After you’ve successfully passed, you will be connected with one of our FDM clients and help you transition into your new working life.
From day one, you will also have access to a comprehensive support network, including mentors, technical experts, our wellbeing programme and a global community of other FDM Cloud Computing Engineers.
What you’ll do in the AWS re/Start programme with FDM
Upon completion of the AWS re/Start program skills development and job training, you will have gained a variety of skills to prepare you for your new entry role in Cloud Computing Engineering. You will then be placed with one of our industry leading clients as a fully-fledged FDM consultant, where you will work as a fully integrated member of their team. You will put your training into practice and acquire valuable hands-on experience working on a range of cutting-edge projects to create new cloud environments which meet business requirements.
As an entry-level Cloud Computing Engineer, you will be supporting all technological tasks involving Cloud Computing Engineering and help large organisations make the shift from traditional IT methods. Your work will directly benefit the productivity and performance of an organisation by providing speedy, reliable and secure computing resources.
Want to find out more about a career in Cloud Computing? Learn more in this video.
Key skills for a Cloud Computing Engineer
- Passion for learning outside of your current knowledge set as the industry develops
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build relationships and to understand business stakeholder requirements and context
- Interest in understanding how technology components interrelate to each other and ensure systems are running smoothly
- Logical approach with the ability to break large complex problems down into smaller components
Cloud Computing Engineering career prospects
Individuals graduating from the FDM Cloud Graduate Programme in collaboration with AWS re/Start are ready for roles in several areas, including:
- General IT: IT technician (rack/stack, basic configurations, execute configurations directed, and designed by others)
- Data Centre Technician
- IT support (first line of triage in simple infrastructures and core AWS services)
- Automation of simple tasks through Python scripting, including in an AWS core services environment
- Basic networking configurations
- Simple AWS core services configurations
Graduates have the foundational skills to progress to work on more advanced tasks after a few months on the job. Below are some examples:
- Customer support (progressively complex triage scenarios)
- Software Engineering / Junior DevOps, automating tasks of growing complexity
- Supporting cloud deployment (configuration, automation, and debugging)
- Development and/or automation on AWS
Do you qualify for the programme?
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to pursue a career in Cloud Computing Engineering? At FDM, we’re looking for ambitious individuals with a passion for technology to join the team. We accept candidates from all backgrounds – you don’t need any prior experience or a STEM degree. We ask that you are:
- Educated to degree level (2:2 or higher)
- Eligible to work in the UK or EU
- Passionate about launching a career in IT
- Able to support yourself financially during the training period
- Willing to commit to a 2-year placement on client site
- Geographically flexible when it comes to where you are placed in the UK
Want to find out more about a career in technology? Join us at one of our upcoming online events. Click here to find out more.
Simply submit your application and CV here to kick-start your FDM journey.
A member of the FDM recruitment team will call you to discuss the programme and your career goals. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask us any questions you might have and get a feel for FDM. Check out our blog for top tips for a telephone interview
During the video interview, we will ask you a few questions to find out more about you and your career goals. This can be completed from your computer, tablet or mobile phone. You can find our top tips on how to ace this stage of the interview on our blog.
Apply to become an FDM Cloud Graduate by joining the AWS re/Start programme
Support and Development
Our support and graduate development initiatives are catered to help you at every stage of your journey, from graduate to Cloud Computing Engineer.
up-to-date regularly through LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Check out #RodsRoundUp videos to find out more.